Use Estonian on Palm OS device with Estonian PiLoc
Estonian PiLoc provides Estonian Palm OS localization.
Estonian PiLoc creates an environment to operate with Palm OS in Estonian. PiLoc is a
common solution of Palm OS localization problem, chosen by a number of Palm OS
European PalmSource Developer Conference 2003 PiLoc Palm OS localization technology
was recognized as the winner of 2003 European Palm Powered Up Award in the
Productivity Tools category.
"PiLoc provides an industry-leading, comprehensive approach to national
language support that is highly-integrated with Palm OS" - said
Larry Berkin, Director, Global Developer Marketing, PalmSource, Inc.
Estonian for Palm OS features:
- System fonts replacement to add Estonian characters.
- Modified Estonian Graffiti layout to write Estonian letters.
- Alternative on-screen keyboard layout for Estonian letters input.
- Special module for external keyboard is included. Allows using portable
keyboards to type in Estonian.
- Correct Estonian text search and sorting operations.
- Optional: full translation of Palm OS to Estonian (all icons, menu, dialogs
of built-in Palm OS applications will be translated). Please, check if your
device is supported at Estonian PiLoc
- Possibility to install and use several localization systems (for example,
Estonian and Russian or Estonian and Swedish).
- Possibility to use custom fonts instead of the default ones: any ready font
can be converted to be installed toghether with PiLoc with the special Fonts Compiler utility.
- Estonian language support launches automatically after system reset. Program
is protected from cycling reset.
- Supports installation into a Flash-ROM.
Open API allows developers to
change PiLoc parameters from their applications at run-time.