Use Norwegian on Palm OS device with Norwegian PiLoc
Norwegian PiLoc provides Norwegian Palm OS localization.
Norwegian PiLoc creates an environment to operate with Palm OS in Norwegian. PiLoc is
a common solution of Palm OS localization problem, chosen by a number of Palm OS
European PalmSource Developer Conference 2003 PiLoc Palm OS localization technology
was recognized as the winner of 2003 European Palm Powered Up Award in the
Productivity Tools category.
"PiLoc provides an industry-leading, comprehensive approach to national
language support that is highly-integrated with Palm OS" - said
Larry Berkin, Director, Global Developer Marketing, PalmSource, Inc.
Norwegian for Palm OS features:
- System fonts replacement to add Norwegian characters.
- Modified Norwegian Graffiti layout to write Norwegian letters.
- Alternative on-screen keyboard layout for Norwegian letters input.
- Special module for external keyboard is included. Allows using portable
keyboards to type in Norwegian.
- Correct Norwegian text search and sorting operations.
- Optional: full translation of Palm OS to Norwegian (all icons, menu, dialogs
of built-in Palm OS applications will be translated). Please, check if your
device is supported at Norwegian PiLoc
- Possibility to install and use several localization systems (for example,
Norwegian and Russian).
- Possibility to use custom fonts instead of the default ones: any ready font
can be converted to be installed toghether with PiLoc with the special Fonts Compiler utility.
- Norwegian language support launches automatically after system reset.
Program is protected from cycling reset.
- Supports installation into a Flash-ROM.
Open API allows developers to
change PiLoc parameters from their applications at run-time.